The Berkeley MBA Program develops innovative leaders who know how to put new ideas to work, and to do so responsibly.
By leveraging the innovative energy that’s ever-present in Berkeley-Haas culture and in the business ecosystem of the San Francisco Bay Area, the program teaches you how to seize opportunities, challenge conventional wisdom, and act creatively.
Anchored in a rigorous general management curriculum, the program gives you the breadth and depth of knowledge to be a leader in any type of organization, including global firms, startups, nonprofits, or a business of your own.
• An Exceptional, Collaborative Community
• A Rigorous General Management Curriculum
• Opening Doors to Career Success
• Where New Ideas Thrive
Berkeley-Haas Defining Principles:
- Question the Status Quo
We lead by championing bold ideas, taking intelligent risks and accepting sensible failures. This means speaking our minds even when it challenges convention. We thrive at the world’s epicenter of innovation.
- Confidence Without Attitude
We make decisions based on evidence and analysis, giving us the confidence to act without arrogance. We lead through trust and collaboration.
- Students Always
We are a community designed for curiosity and lifelong pursuit of personal and intellectual growth. This is not a place for those who feel they have learned all they need to learn.
- Beyond Yourself
We shape our world by leading ethically and responsibly. As stewards of our enterprises, we take the longer view in our decisions and actions. This often means putting larger interests above our own.
- Program Type: 2 Year Full-Time Program
- Class profile:
Entering Class Fall 2015 Class Size & Diversity: Applications Received: 3,592
Enrolled Students: 246
- Women: 41%
- US Minority Students*: 36%
- International Students: 40%
- Countries Represented: 46
- Median Age at Enrollment: 28 years
- Median Years of Post-University Work Experience: 5 years *Includes African American, Hispanic American, Native American, Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander, Asian American, and East Indian/Pakistani
- Joint degrees offered:
- JD/MBA Program
- MBA/MPH Program in Health Management
- MBA/MA Program in International and Area Studies
- Specializations by Industry: Full-time Berkeley MBA students can choose to focus their studies on a number of in-depth academic areas, which will provide direction in achieving specific career goals.
The Areas of Emphasis currently include:
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Energy and Clean Technology
- Global Management
- Health Management
- Social Sector Leadership
- Real Estate
- Program duration: 21 Months
- Tuition Fees: - $60,162.50 USD per year for California Residents
- $61,713.50 USD per year for Non-residents
- Minimum Work Experience: 2 Years
- Language Requirements: Applicants who received their degrees in countries other than the US, UK, Australia, or English-speaking Canada are required to take the TOELF exam, or the IELTS. This includes applicants with degrees from Bangladesh, Nepal, India, Pakistan, Latin America, the Middle East, North Africa, the People's Republic of China, Taiwan, Japan, Korea, Southeast Asia, and most European countries. Only applicants who have completed a full year of US university-level coursework with a grade of B or better are exempt from this requirement. Residence in the US does not waive this requirement.
Your most recent TOEFL score must be at least 570 for the paper and pencil test, at least 230 for the computer-based test (CBT), or at least 90 for the Internet-based test (iBT). To have your exam results sent to Berkeley's Full-Time MBA Program, list institution code 4833 and department code 02. If you have taken the IELTS, a band score of 7.0 is the minimum required for consideration. For Fall 2017 admission, we only accept official scores from exams taken on or after June 1, 2015.
- Financial Aid for International Students: Read our website
- Program Website
- Avaibility of loans for international students: Click here for information