The Robert H. Smith School of Business is located just 25 minutes by car or metro (subway) to Washington, DC ―the capital of the US and hub for industry, policy and innovation.
The Smith School prides itself on looking for all students to engage in globalization, technology enhancement and innovation and creativity. The core curriculum is 22 credits allowing students 32 credits of electives to strengthen skills and focus on the 6 career tracks. Experiential learning is one of the recognizable distinctions of the Smith MBA, designed to encourage students to problem solve and address real-world problems for clients.
Smith’s diversity has been a hallmark for the creation of a deeply collaborative community. Whether our students are searching for jobs, presenting in a business competition, launching a new product or playing a sport ―the class rallies at the accomplishment of Smith Teams. At Smith, MBAs are assigned to a Career Coach to help you develop your individualized Career Action plan! Career Coaching includes industry research, interview preparation and job search strategy. Students are encouraged to develop a focus area or areas of studies to broaden their skills and help them discover new strengths and skills for their career journey.
At the Smith School of Business, we set out to provide the knowledge and thought leadership that transforms students into agents of both economic prosperity and transformative social change. The Smith School is strategically situated in the Washington D.C. metropolitan area to provide thought leadership, education and advice for productive and effective public/private partnerships. With a vast array of consulting and financial policy firms, non-profit organizations, governmental agencies and socially conscious for-profit companies—it is indeed a region rich in globalization, innovation, and entrepreneurship. At the curricular level, this innovation includes an experiential learning component called the SMITH Experience: Students have opportunities for hands-on application of business theories and principles that are offered in the following 5 areas: (1) Consulting, (2) Global Strategy, (3) Social Value Creation, (4) Investing, and (5) Entrepreneurship. Our world-class faculty consistently ranked in the top 10 globally in terms of research and the Smith Centers of Excellence work to bring game-changing research into the classroom and the boardroom for maximum impact. Smith immerses its students in complex and evolving marketplaces where critical thinking, creativity and entrepreneurship are at the core of the enterprise. Our Office of Career Services (OCS) is always ready to welcome students, employers, and alumni to our exciting state-of-the-art career services suite that has been garnering rave reviews from our recruiting partners. This revamped space is equipped with 19 interview rooms, two Cisco Telepresence units (so that we can connect with employers and alumni around the world!), a fantastic employer lounge, and a student interview preparation suite. We are confident that this amazing facility transformation, in conjunction with our growing OCS team, will help differentiate our Smith School brand in the marketplace. Our community is diverse in every way. We draw almost 35% of our class from international destinations, over 30% are women and the variety of job functions and industries are unparalleled. It’s a global environment where students will be able to interact, connect, and refine the necessary leadership and teamwork skills to engage in the emerging markets and the changing culture of the global economy. We welcome all of you to our extraordinary community of global business leaders at the Smith School of Business!
- Full-time MBA
- Executive MBA
- Online MBA
- Specialized Masters Programs
- Class profile:
Class size 100-120
- 39% Women
- 33% International
- 19% Underrepresented Minorities
- Students' Average Work Experience 5.2 years
- Average grade point average 3.3 (on a 4.0 scale)
- Average age 28 years
- Average GMAT Score (660 - the range is 590-730)
- Joint degrees offered:
- MBA/JD (4 year program with the University of Maryland Law School)
- MBA/MPP (dual degree with the School of Public Policy)
- MBA/MSW (dual degree with the School of Social Work)
- MBA/MRED (dual degree with the School of Architecture for Masters of Real Estate Development)
- MBA/MS (MBA and 1 of the Specialized Masters programs)
- Specializations by Industry:
- General Management
- Supply Chain
- Specializations by function: Functions are applied to all industries
- Program duration:
- Specialized Masters: We offer 5 Specialized Master's Degrees: Masters of Science in Accounting, Masters of Science in Information Systems, Masters of Finance, Masters of Science in Supply Chain Management and Masters of Science in Marketing Analytics
- Tuition Fees: $54,410 USD per year
- Minimum Work Experience: 2 Years
- Language Requirements:
- TOEFL (100)
- IELTS (7)
- Percentage of Students Employed: 85%
- Financial Aid for International Students: International Students should apply by the PRIORITY deadlines to be considered for any Financial Assistance (scholarships, fellowships, assistantships). These deadlines are October 1, November 1 or December 15.
- Program Website