The Texas MBA Program at the McCombs School of Business is a full-time 2 year program with day classes in Austin. Students can customize their degree with market-driven concentrations. Special programs provide experiential learning and the opportunity to test a variety of fields, disciplines and international business environments.
The Texas MBA Program is currently ranked #16 in the country by U.S. News & World Report, making McCombs #1 in the thriving state of Texas! The McCombs network is over 494,000 strong and consists of faculty, students, and alumni making a real impact around the world. The McCombs School of Business is currently ranked #23 in the world in AméricaEconomía’s list of full-time MBA programs. The Texas MBA Full-Time Program placed seventh among U.S. schools, and took second place among public institutions in 2016 as part of this ranking.
There are many reasons the Texas MBA. It is a highly sought-after degree, our reputation for academic excellence to the great community and culture within and surrounding our program. Texas MBAs consistently mention the various hands-on opportunities, like the Texas MBA+ Leadership Program, and the uniqueness of Austin as key reasons to why they chose McCombs over other top schools. We have a world-renowned faculty that boasts groundbreaking research, easy access to industry leaders, myriad opportunity for real-world experience, and a location in the best state for business.
McCombs creates knowledge that has critical significance for industry and society. A Texas MBA empowers your development into a true business leader. It arms you with the skills to inspire change, and make a difference in society.
Our program is built on four key pillars: knowledge and understanding; responsibility and integrity; communication and collaboration; and a worldview of business and society. These core principles make up the foundation we use to educate tomorrow’s leaders.
- Program Type: Full-Time
- Class profile: Texas Full-Time MBA Program Class Profile for the Class of 2017: 265 Students
- 68% Male, 32% Female
- 29% are from the state of Texas, 28% are international students, 43% are from the United States (not including Texas)
- Average Age: 28 (Middle 80%: 26-32)
- Average GMAT Score: 694 (Middle 80%: 640-740)
- Average GPA: 3.4 (Middle 80%: 3.0-3.8)
- Average Years of Work Experience: 6 years (Middle 80%: 3-8 years)
- Joint degrees offered: MBA/Master of Arts in Asian Studies; MBA/Master of Arts in Communication; MBA/Master of Arts in Energy & Earth Resources; MBA/Master of Global Policy Studies; MBA/Master of Arts in Latin American Studies; MBA/Doctor of Jurisprudence; MBA/Master of Arts in Middle Eastern Studies; MBA/Master of Arts in Public Affairs; MBA/Master of Arts in Russian, Eastern European, and Eurasian Studies
- Concentrations: Texas MBA Concentrations: Accounting, Finance, Corporate Finance, Investment Management, Energy Finance, Real Estate Finance, Private Equity Finance, Social Enterprise Entrepreneurship, Global Business, CleanTech, Healthcare, Information Management, Business Analytics, Supply Chain & Operations Management, Management (General), Strategy & Innovation, Leadership, Brand & Product Management, High Technology Marketing, Marketing Analytics & Consulting, Ethics & Corporate Responsibility, Public & Governmental Affairs
- Specializations by Industry: Pre-MBA Industries: 16% Consulting; 16% Financial Services; 15% Technology; 10% Petroleum/Energy; 9% Government; 5% Manufacturing; 4% Media/Entertainment; 4% Pharmaceuticals, Biotechnology and Healthcare; 3% Real Estate; 3% Non-Profit; 3% Consumer Products; 12% Other
- Program duration: 21 Months
- Tuition Fees: $97,664 USD
- Minimum Work Experience: 2 Years
- Language Requirements: English
- Percentage of Students Employed: 90%
- Financial Aid for International Students:
- Sylff Global Fellows Program: The goal of the Sylff Global Fellows Program is to increase the global diversity of the Texas MBA education by attracting highly-qualified students all over the globe to the Texas MBA program, while creating a cadre of Sylff Fellows in business administration who can link American and International perspectives. To be considered for the Syff Global Fellows program, the applicant must be a non-US Citizen or Permanent Resident. In some cases, US Citizens and Permanent Residents with extensive international experience may be considered. Students must also possess an interest in promoting international perspectives in business at the McCombs School of Business. Applicants are automatically considered for the Sylff Global Fellows program through the admission process; No additional paperwork needs to be submitted by the applicant for consideration. More information here
- Tuition Assistance for Mexican Students: Tuition Assistance for Mexican Students (TAMS) is a waiver of non-resident tuition for a limited number of Mexican students who have demonstrated financial need. The application process is competitive. More information here
- Good Neighbor Scholarship: The Good Neighbor Scholarship (GNS) provides one year of tuition to students who were born in and are residents of a nation in the Western Hemisphere (excluding Cuba and the U.S.). The scholarship is administered through International Student & Scholar Services on behalf of the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board. More information here
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us at FinancialAid@mccombs.utexas.edu
- Program Website